The WaterLily House

The Waterlily House, another one of the glasshouses at Kew, though smaller than the Palm and Temperate Houses, was completed in 1852. It encloses a pond 36 feet in diameter. Originally designed as a home for the giant waterlily Victoria amazonica, which failed to thrive there, the Waterlily House became home to other types of waterlilies, ferns, papyrus, and other tropical plants.


Copyright KG Whitehurst
webmaster: kgw@KGWhitehurst.com